Analyze your cells in precisely controlled hypoxic conditions.
The Whitley i2 Seahorse Workstation has been developed in response to a rising demand from scientists who desire to use a Seahorse Extracellular Flux (XF) Analyzers* in hypoxic conditions and were dissatisfied with the solutions available. Rather than adapting an existing chamber for this purpose, Don Whitley Scientific developed a new workstation specifically to suit the precise requirements of Seahorse Bioscience.
Extensive research and careful consideration has gone into the development of the i2 which has resulted in a modular system that includes a number of novel and unique features. This workstation can be used as a stand-alone unit or connected to a HypOxystation via the Whitley Transfer Tunnel, enabling preparation of cell lines under hypoxic conditions and their transfer directly into the i2 without exposure to air.
Another unique feature is the integral incubator, which enables you to precondition cellware and incubate plates and media at 37ºC under the same atmospheric conditions to be used with XF Analyzer.
The i2 maintains an internal temperature no higher than 28ºC, excludes CO2 and provides precise O2 control.
- The i2 maintains an internal temperature no higher than 28°C, excludes carbon dioxide, and provides precise oxygen control.
- This workstation, the latest in a long line of well-regarded modified atmosphere workstations from Don Whitley Scientific, is equipped with a generous working area in which to conduct preparatory work and is supplied complete with data logging, removable front, bespoke trolley, internal power sockets, and a wireless footswitch to control the patented oval ports.
- The 12 liter airlock, with a cycle time of just 60 seconds, accommodates up to 44 × 96 well plates or 84 × T25 tissue culture flasks plus numerous other flasks, pipettes and laboratory consumables.
- The Whitley i2 Seahorse Workstation is the first in a new range of larger Whitley Workstations developed to allow customers to use a variety of items of specialized equipment under modified atmospheric conditions.
- The combination of a Whitley i2 Seahorse Workstation and Seahorse XF Analyzer permits simultaneous, real-time analysis of mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in mammalian cells under precisely controlled hypoxic conditions.
- Designed specifically for use with Seahorse Extracellular Flux Analyzers*
- Can be attached to any HypOxystation and HEPA HypOxystation
- Accurate control of O2
- Rapid, built-in airlock.
- Innovative touch screen interface.
- Modern, ergonomic design.
- Integral incubator.
- Removable front, data logging and bespoke trolley as standard.
- Custom-Designed trolley available
*Not suitable for the recently announced XF-p